XLR8 ALPINE RACING
XLR8 Alpine Racing’s Junior Development Team (JDT) program provides results-driven coaching for young racers (ages 7-17) in a fun, active environment. Our goal is to develop junior racers, physically and mentally, by using a variety of proven ski racing drills and progressive USSA teaching techniques geared towards young racers. Our positive teaching approach leads to strong character, increases self-esteem, and instills confidence on and off the hill.
XLR8 Alpine Racing’s JDT program has a proven track record of developing young skiers into top state and national JDT ski racers. JDT Program athletes train primarily in giant slalom as a foundation for ski racing technique and are also introduced to slalom gate training fundamentals. Skiers are grouped by ability and ski with the same professional coaches throughout the season for consistency and individual attention.
- 2019 NASTAR Midwest National Championships – 1 Platinum Division Champion, 1 Gold Division Champion
- 2018 NASTAR National Championships – 1st Place Resort Team
- 2018 NASTAR National Championships – 2 Platinum Division National Champions
- 2017 NASTAR National Championships – 4th Place Resort Team
- 2017 NASTAR National Championships – 2 Platinum Division National Champions
- 2011-2018 NASTAR National Championships – #1 Michigan Team
- JDT Mt. Brighton Invitational
- Down-State JDT Races
- XLR8 Alpine Racing World Cup
- Exclusive Sales Event
- Tuning and Waxing clinics
- Sunday NASTAR Racing – Two timed runs included
- XLR8 Alpine Racing World Cup end of the season
Race, Apres Party, and Awards.
7 – 17: Intermediate/Advanced Skiers
NOTE: If the registered racer is too small to ride the chairlift alone,
a parent must be present for lift assistance.
Jan X – March XX (weather permitting)
Note: New Athlete Evaluations are Saturday, Jan. 4, 2020
Sunday 9am – 12pm
- Weekend Training at Mt. Brighton
- Down-State JDT Race Coaching
Optional Week-Day Training
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and/or Thursday 6:00-8:00pm
COSTS (Lift ticket not included)
JDT Membership $XXX
Optional Week-Day Training*
- One Optional Day $XXX
- Two Optional Days $XXX
- Three Optional Days $XXX
* Cost is in addition to JDT Membership.
XLR8 Alpine Racing Private Lesson $XX
NOTE: XLR8 Alpine Racing Coaching will not be provided to athletes training and/or racing for other teams/programs.
- In person at the Mt. Brighton Customer Service Desk
- Registration Form: JDT REGISTRATION (2020-21)
- Mail completed form with Payment to:
4141 Bauer Rd.
Brighton, Mi 48116
See Map: Mt. Brighton
Director of Racing